Sunday, March 1, 2020

Midwinter Moon - Section 2 / Clue 1 Done

I finished up Section 2 / Clue 1 this morning.  I really like Larissa’s patterns because she spells everything out for you step by step and she gives stitch counts.  I don’t check every row, but do spot checks to make sure I’m staying on track.  I did a spot check when I brought in the third color and discovered that I was somehow 2 stitches short.  I have no idea what happened.  I did count the stripes leading up to the third color and seem to have the right number.  I didn’t worry about it too much, I just knit two extra stripes at the end of the section before bringing color A back in.  I did not cut color A when I was working with B and C, I just carried it up the side with the rest.  It does make it a little more awkward to work sometimes, but it is pretty easily managed as long as you’re careful.  I have the three cakes sitting to the right of me and I rotate them at the beginning of the right side rows so that the one I am currently working with is first in the line to make sure they don’t twist.

Pattern:  Midwinter Moon by Larissa Brown
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Celeste
Needle:  US 5 (3.75mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment