Sunday, March 8, 2020

Midwinter Moon - Sections 5 and 6 Done

I’ve been making fairly steady progress on my Midwinter Moon shawl this weekend.  This project is mostly reserved for weekend knitting, when I can spend more time on a knitting session.  I thought about getting a photo after Section 5, but that section was pretty short, so I decided to finish Section 6 as well before taking a progress shot.  Section 5 involved the first of the picking up of stitches.  The instructions stated to pick up an extra stitch every 4th or 5th stitch.  I decided to just work a straight pick up in the slipped stitch edging and not worry about getting the extra stitches, and then I added them in when I knit back on the row after the pick up.  I used my Knit Evenly app, which is miraculously working again.  It was originally an iPod Touch app, which I was able to use on my old iPad, but it disappeared when I got my iPad Pro, and then reappeared on my new iPad Pro.  I’m super happy to have it back as it is the best app for determining how to increase or decrease evenly, and it will even step you through it.

Pattern:  Midwinter Moon by Larissa Brown
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Celeste
Needle:  US 5 (3.75mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment