Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Ziggy Stardust - Cast On

I pulled the variegated yellow skein out of deep stash a while back.  It is Alcidina Momentum in, fittingly enough, Corona.  I was thinking of making another  boomerang shawl, but I hadn’t caked it up, and it has been sitting in the top of a project bag for a while.  I recently saw the Ziggy Shawl by Joji Locatelli in the Kitterly newsletter.  Although the shawl is designed for a single color, they were offering a two color version.  It occurred to me that my yellow skein would look good for the garter stitch sections.  I went in search of a solid color for the lace sections.  I was originally thinking about a red, but that just didn’t click.  Then I spotted the green in a box of yarn from Sundara Yarns.  It is actually part of a set for a temperature scarf - you know, one of those scarves that record the high temperature each day.  I ordered the set, but then never started the scarf, and decided that the set gave me some nice semi-solid colors for coordinating with other yarns in my stash.

Pattern:  Ziggy Shawl by Joji Locatelli
Yarn:  Alcidina Momentum in Corona and Sundara Yarns Extra Fine Fingering Merino in green
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment