Monday, March 23, 2020

Lacy Business - Finished!

I finished this up yesterday morning and blocked it.  I did learn a few things.  I did not maintain the spine when I switched to the lace section, and I think I should have.  It looks fine as it is, but the blocking would have probably been a little easier.  I also did a second repeat of the lace pattern, which I really like.  I think it balances the colors better than a single repeat.  I do love this shawl shape.  I’m going to have to try my hand at designing one.  I also think that cashmere tends to pill.  I noticed fiber coming off on my hands when I was blocking, and I’ve noticed that with other fingering weight yarns that have cashmere in them.

I’ve been on mandatory telework since this past Friday.  I resisted going on telework, but now that I’m doing it I find that I like it.  I am an introvert by nature, and only pretend to be an extrovert at work.  But that pretending is pretty tiring.  Now that I don’t have to pretend any more I find I have more energy and my stress level is down.  It’s going to be hard going back to the office after this is all over.  I’m also getting more knitting done because I can knit while reviewing documents and while on telecons without worrying about anyone taking exception to it.

Pattern:  Lacy Business by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere in True to Life and Time Away
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment