Monday, March 23, 2020

Xuan Wrap - Cast On

Ambah O’Brien is hosting a Stashdown 2020 this year and I am participating.  My plan is to always have an Ambah O’Brien pattern on the needles.  Now that I’ve cast off Lacy Business, I’ve cast on the Xuan Wrap.  I’ve been wanting to make this for a while but haven’t been able to find the right yarn combination in my stash.  I needed a gradiance, but all of my 6 skein sets have either too much yarn or not enough.  This weekend it occurred to me that I could use half of my 2019 Unique Sheep Advent Calendar set.  I pulled it out last night and separated it into skeins 1-12 and 13-24 and then pulled out some solid colors for the Main Color.  I ended up picking skeins 13-24, and a skein of Hedgehog Fiberes in the color Butter.
Here are the contrast colors.  I’ll figure out how I want to adjust the length of the pattern as I go along.

Pattern: Xuan Wrap byAmbah O’Brien
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Rare Breed - Christmas Carol Advent Calendar & Hedgehog Fibres sock yarn in Butter
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment