Saturday, February 29, 2020

Midwinter Moon - Section 1 Done

I cast on this shawl last week.  I’ve had the yarn set aside for a little while.  The colors are all from the SpaceCadet Gradient Explorers Club.
The colors are (from bottom to top):
...and the Russians used a pencil, April 2019
Very Van Gogh, November 2019
Steampunk, December 2019

I’ve been wanting to make this shawl for a while but have been waiting for the right colors to come together.  When I saw the November and December colors together I knew I had two of the three.  I had all of my Gradient Explorers Club colors laid out in chronological order and I grabbed the April skein and realized I had my third color.

Larissa Brown is starting another Lunar themed mystery knit along in April and I’ve already started looking for possible color combinations.  While I ponder colors I’ll continue working on this shawl.

Pattern:  Midwinter Moon by Larissa Brown
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Celeste
Needle:  US 5 (3.75mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment