Sunday, February 23, 2020

Adventuresome Shawl - Blocking!

I blocked the shawl this morning.  Blocking these bias knit shawls is always a bit of a challenge.  I started with the top edge, stretching it out and pinning it along one of the grid lines of my blocking mats.  I then spread out the body trying to get things to line up as best I could and stretching things out some.  Next I pinned the right edge.  Then I went back and pinned the bottom edge, and lastly I pinned the right edge.  What I noticed is that the top edge is shorter than the bottom edge.  I'm guessing it is because the kfb increase does not have as much give as a yarn over increase would.  I may do some swatches to confirm this.  As my husband pointed out, you will never see it when you're wearing it.  Still, it always bugs me when I can't get things lined up.

The colors are:
1.  Outer Space
2.  Black Hole
3.  Dark Nebula
4.  Asteroid
5.  Horizons
6.  Blue Moon
7.  Aurora Borealis
8.  Equinox
9.  Orbit
10.  Crater
11.  Ursa Major
12.  Galaxy
13.  Neutron
14.  Constellations
15.  Orion Nebula
16.  Pink Sky
17.  Star Cluster
18.  Starburst
19.  Lyra
20.  False Dawn
21.  Satellite
22.  Comet Tail
23.  Heat Lightning
24.  Polaris
25.  Light Year

Pattern:  ADVENTuresome Wrap by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock, 2019 Night Sky Advent
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment