Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Botanical Exordium - Restart

I picked this shawl up again this past Monday, and despite what I posted back in December I decided to rip it back and start it over again.  I changed the shape to a boomerang shape.  I just couldn't see spending all that time and effort on a shape that I really didn't want to wear.  On the right side I work k2, (k, yo, k) in the next stitch, then work across in pattern to the last 4 stitches and end with a k2tog, k2.  On the wrong sides I keep the first and last two stitches in garter and work the rest in pattern.  I also figured out how to get my yarns on the correct edge without cutting them (which just offended my sensibilities).  When I got to the first textured stitch section I knit across with my contrast color working the increase and decrease as established, then I purled across with my main color.  Both of my yarns were now where they needed to be and I could start working the textured stitch by purling back with my contrast color.  I'll do something similar when I get done with this section and need to start working the garter stitch again.


Pattern:  Exordium by Rebecca Picoult
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Fingering in Botanical and Limes
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment