Sunday, November 17, 2019

Winter Braided Yoke - One Sleeve Done!

I finished up the first sleeve this morning.  Once I had gotten through all of the decreases I weighed the yarn, then weighed it again 10 rows later.  From that I was able to determine how many more rows I could work.  I ended up starting the ribbing on row 101 and working 7 rows of k2, p2 ribbing, as I did for the bottom of the body and the neck edge.  I had to increase one stitch in order to get the ribbing to work.  The pattern has you decrease one stitch before starting the ribbing, but the pattern also calls for a k1, p1 ribbing, which I have never liked.  I also only worked 1 inch of ribbing as opposed to the 2.5 inches called for in the pattern - I don't like a lot of cuff on my sweaters.  I ended up with 70 grams of yarn left on my final skein, which is enough to do the other sleeve with a little extra for margin.

Pattern:  Winter Braided Yoke by Hélène Rush
Yarn:  Knit One, Crochet Too Meadow Silk
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment