Saturday, April 20, 2019

Winter Wonderland Vest - Cast On

Of course, now that I finished up the sleeves of the Dusky Nor'easter I needed another simple project to throw in my work bag.  I have been looking at my stash (on Ravelry) and decided to do some more projects with worsted weight yarn.  I have a couple of Unique Sheep gradiance sets in amounts that should be just about perfect for more vests.  This set is from one of the Christmas Clubs, I think and is called Winter Wonderland.  If I recall correctly the pattern that came with it was a cabled scarf.
But I don't really do scarves so I thought I would make another Practically Vest.  The best thing is the vest is knit top down so I can use up all my yarn and it doesn't matter too much if it comes out a little short, or a little long.  The yarn is Super Wool Worsted and is a superwash merino.  It has great stitch definition and feels great to work with.

Pattern:  Practically by Kelly Herdrich
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Super Wool Worsted in Winter Wonderland
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment