Monday, April 15, 2019

Ahoy! Mates Cowl

One of skeins of yarn in the same box as the leftover Coolfire yarn was a single skein of Dream in Color Classy in Ahoy! Mates.  This was a special colorway developed for The Loopy Ewe for their annual Camp Loopy.  The theme that year was pirates.  I decided that it needed to be knit up right away so I caked it up and grabbed a US 7 needle (32 inch circular).  I pulled two lengths of yarn out of the cake and started working a long tail cast on till I ran out of tail and filled up the needle.  I worked one row flat and then joined to work in the round.  I worked a couple of rows of garter and then started working stockinette.  I continued working in stockinette until I had about 12 grams of yarn left, worked a couple more rows of garter and then cast off loosely.  The US 7 gives me a nice drapey fabric and the simplicity lets the yarn be the star.  This was a great project to throw into my work bag as it was just endless rounds of stockinette and it only took 2 days to complete.  I didn't even keep track of how many rounds I knit, but the finished dimensions are about 11 inches high and 17 inches across when laid flat.

Pattern:  improvised
Yarn:  Dream in Color Class in Ahoy! Mates
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment