Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Dusky Nor'easter - One Sleeve Done

I do love how quickly worsted weight yarns knit up.  I finished up sleeve one today while on telecons at work.  I caked up a second skein and will get sleeve two going tonight as I have more telecons tomorrow.  I did not work on it at work yesterday as I had no telecons, and even if I had I probably wouldn't have pulled this out - it was at least 100 degrees in my office yesterday morning when I got in at 6:30 - and that is no exaggeration.  My digital thermometer only goes up to 99, but the analog one in the office outside of mine (my office is within another office) read 101, and my office is always warmer.  One office reached 106 degrees.  Apparently the heat decided to blast full bore over the weekend.  When they got the chiller working again the unit in my office was both heating and cooling, so the cooling wasn't very effective.  By noon the temperature had only dropped to 89 degrees.  Fortunately the maintenance guys came by to check on units and I had them fix mine, by the time I left for the day at 2:30 the temperature was down to 73 degrees.  Fortunately the temperature in the building today was fine, even a little on the cool side, which just means it's an opportunity to wear a shawl to work.

Pattern:  Nor'easter by Thea Colman
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)
Yarn:  Dream in Color Classy in Dusky Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment