Sunday, January 20, 2019

Elizabeth of York - Bottom Band Done

I knit the swatch for this pattern (and made gauge!) last October, but it has taken me a while to sit down and figure out the pattern sizing and start working it.  When working these patterns I study them pretty thoroughly before I start knitting.  I will even type up and rewrite instructions for my unique size.  I find that the process really helps me understand what is going on with the pattern.  Last night I finally sat down with the pattern and the measurements and figured out what I needed to do for the body (for the most part), and so I caked up my yarn and cast on.  I am now ready to cast on the steek stitches and set up for working the pattern.  I hope the knots will pop out more towards the right side of the work when I block it, they keep wanting to go towards the back.

I was going to use Wild Orchid and Corn Crake as my colors, but changed my mind and went back to the original background color that I ordered with the Wild Orchid - Spindrift.  I actually started knitting with the Corn Crake but it seemed to compete too much with the Wild Orchid, so I tinked back and reknit the piece.

Pattern:  Elizabeth of York by Alice Starmore, from Tudor Roses
Yarn:  Hebridean 2-Ply in Wild Orchid and Spindrift
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment