Monday, January 14, 2019

Juniper Shrug - Skeins 9 and 8

I've been focusing on my shrug this weekend and have worked skeins 9 and 8 on the sleeves.  I am alternating between sleeves, working through each skein.  I keep track of the rows I work with each skein in my notes, noting the row numbers from knitCompanion.  I have two copies of the chart, which I alternate between as well, so I don't have to reset anything or try to remember what I did on one sleeve when working on the other.

Based on my swatch I will need 11 repeats of the basic 12 row pattern for the sleeves.  I am currently working on repeat 9.

I will block the shrug once I have knit 11 repeats (putting my sleeve stitches on waste yarn) to make sure the sleeves are good before I finish them.  At that point I will also decide if I want to do anything else with the shrug, or call it done.

Pattern:  Created from Knitting Modular by Melissa Leapman
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment