Monday, January 28, 2019

Oranjestad Shawl - Color B Done

I pulled this project back out yesterday so I could knit and read (Book 8 of the Saxon Tales).  I had actually gotten to the point where I was about to introduce Color C before I set it aside to work on some other projects.  I blithely worked two rows in Color C, and then realized that the first of those two rows should have been an eyelet row.  I really did not want to tink back 400+ stitches in each row, so I grabbed my Circular Stitch Holder from Clover
and carefully threaded it through the last row I had worked of Color B.  I bought these from The Loopy Ewe when I had a store credit I needed to use and didn't really need to buy any yarn.  I've used them as stitch holders but this was the first time I tried using one as a life-line.  I'm happy to say that it worked perfectly.  Once I had it in place I pulled the knitting needle out, pulled out the two rows I had just worked, and put the stitches back onto my knitting needle to start again.

Pattern:  Oranjestad Shawl by Lavanya Patricella
Yarn:  Uschitita Merino Singles
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment