Thursday, January 17, 2019

Juniper Shrug - Finished!

I finished knitting the sleeves this past Tuesday and blocked the shrug.  Once it was dry I tried it on and decided I like the length of the sleeves so yesterday I used Skein 1 to work an I-cord bind off on both sleeves.  But then I was faced with the task of blocking the I-cord.  So I decided to pin it to my dress maker dummy and let gravity do most of the work for me.
This picture provides a pretty good shot of the sleeve lace, you can see the vertical panel I put in on the top and bottom of the sleeves, as well as the continuation of the lace pattern from the back.
At some point I'll get some beauty shots, but for now my dress maker dummy will have to do.

Pattern:  Created from Knitting Modular by Melissa Leapman
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment