Saturday, December 1, 2018

Facets - One Side Done

I finished up one side last night and picked up the stitches to start the other side, after placing my live stitches from the first side onto a stitch holder.  I did a crochet cast on, which provides a nice edge for picking up stitches in.  I picked up 66 stitches, cast on 65 stitches (skipping 65 stitches) and then picked up another 66 stitches to get my 197 stitches.
This is a picture of the crochet cast on I did for the second side.  You can see all the loops that look very similar to the loops you get when you slip stitches.  I picked up my stitches just under those two loops.  It guaranteed that my stitches, and more importantly my lace pattern, will line up exactly across the two sides - no half-stitch offset you will get with provisional cast ons.  You can't quite see it in the picture below, but trust me, they line up perfectly.
I also like the back side of this pick up.  It lays very flat and does not add much bulk.
In fact it is hard to see in this picture.

I'm also really loving this pink speckle.  It is just so scrumptious.

Pattern:  TBD
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri in Monarchy
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment