Monday, November 26, 2018

Facets - One Skein Done

I was playing around with one of my other 12 skein sets and decided to cast on another design.  Technically, I suppose this could be called a poncho, but that just is not elegant enough, so I will have to come up with another name.  Maybe Tabard.
This is the set.  I'm using the same lace pattern as the Easy Bias Lace shawl, because it is an easy lace pattern, and I like the way it looks.  I had started out with another lace pattern, but it just wasn't right, so this weekend I ripped back and started over and I've already knit up one skein and a fair bit of another.

One side will be the purple speckle plus the three purple skeins.  The other side will be the pink speckle and three of the four red skeins.  I'll use the three yellow skeins as a border around the whole thing, going from darkest to lightest, ending with the yellow speckle.  The darkest red skein will be used for an I-cord bind off.  I'll also pick up stitches around the neck-line and work an I-cord there as well.

Pattern:  TBD
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri in Monarchy
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment