Saturday, November 10, 2018

Tourmaline Lace - Finished!

I also finished up my Tourmaline Lace shawl last month.  It was fun, but becoming quite a lap full towards the end.  This shawl is huge - 2 feet wide and definitely over 10 feet long when you include the bias.  If I try to wear this as just a regular shawl, draped over my shoulders, the ends are on the ground.  I had to play around with it a bit, but have found a way to wear it.
If you flip it around so the ends are in back and drape the front to take up some of the lengths it looks pretty good and seems pretty stable, although you could add some security with a well placed shawl pin.
Now that I've got some decent pictures I can finish writing up the pattern and put it up on Ravelry.  It was such a simple pattern to put together I'm offering it for free.

Pattern:  Easy Bias Lace by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment