Friday, December 7, 2018

Ambah Advent - Days 3 - 7

I have not been keeping up with my Advent posting, so I'll try to catch up, at least on my Ambah Advent wrap.  Here is Day 3, above and Day 4 below.
Somewhere between Day 4 and Day 5 I decided to rip everything out and cast on more stitches to use up more of my yarn and make my wrap wider.  I calculated my yarn usage and figured I could safety cast on 222 stitches, but I only made it to 202 (and that with only about an inch of yarn to spare) before I ran out of tail in my long tail cast on.  I decided 202 was good enough and then spent the next couple of days catching up.
The purple fade is continuing in Day 5.
And getting darker with Day 6.  This is actually the back side of the work, which still looks pretty good.
Day 7 is almost black, but with some purple undertones.  The colors so far:

Day 1 - Smoke Gray
Day 2 - Rising Fog
Day 3 - Moonraker
Day 4 - Lavandula
Day 5 - Queen Anne
Day 6 - Witch's Cloak
Day 7 - Black As A Mussel Shell

I am using about 17 grams or each color, which leaves me 3-4 grams leftover.

Pattern:  ADVENTurer Wrap by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in Fall Harvest colorway
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment