Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bed of Roses Shrug - One Side Done

Last week we made our annual trip down to Florida to visit with Bruce's Mom.  I took this project along for knitting during the drive.  We drove down on Christmas day, which was great - light traffic, good weather and we made the trip in just under 10 hours, which is about as good as it ever gets.  When we started the trip I had done one stripe, I did two more stripes on the trip down, and finished the first side and almost got through one stripe on the second side on the drive back.  The trip back was not as easy as the trip down though.  We hit some traffic which I had to route us around, and then just as we got close to the North Carolina border we hit the rain.  It figures that we hit weather towards the end of the drive and as the sun is going down.  I spent some time monitoring the traffic and weather, giving Bruce up to the minute reports on the rain.  I have an old iPad that has cellular connectivity so I can be a proper navigator and co-pilot on these drives.  Neither one of us has a smart phone, but the iPad works great, and sure beats those tiny screens.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment