Saturday, December 8, 2018

Unique Sheep Advent Club - Days 1-8

I have not been keeping up on my Advent posting, so I'm cutting back on what I'm going to post.  I'm saving the Craftvent sets for after the holidays, but I am opening the Unique Sheep boxes every day and posting them on Ravelry in the Advent Club thread.  I've decided I'll post the pictures here once a week, instead of every day, just to manage my time and commitments a bit better.  So - first the Mermaid set.  I got this set on the Sport weight yarn, which I don't think I've ever worked with.  This set will make a full Gradiance circle when all the boxes are unwrapped.  Above are the first 3 days.
And here are days 4 and 5 of the Mermaid set.
And days 6 & 7.  There is a definitely a color theme going on here, and I like it very much.  I've already pretty much decided I'll make another capelet with the yarn.



And these are the first 3 days of the Dragon set.  The Dragon set has 2 6-skein gradiance sets plus other coordinating colors.
Days 4 & 5 introduced one of the 6-skein sets - Smaug.
Days 6 & 7 are both from the Smaug gradiance set.

And finally, Day 8 of both sets.  Mermaid is on the left and Dragon is on the right.
After opening the boxes I've been putting the skeins into two large zip-lock bags to keep them safe and clean, but thought it would be fun to lay all of the skeins out and see what we've got so far.
For the Mermaid set, we've got skeins 7-11 and 22-24.
For the Dragon set, we've got skeins 1-4, and skeins 3-6 of the Smaug gradiance set.





No comments:

Post a Comment