Monday, July 18, 2016

Raspberry Blaze - Two Repeats of the Chart

I've been busy working on my Raspberry Blaze.  The above picture was taken after I had worked part of the second repeat of the chart and had just placed the project on longer cable needles.  I took another picture after I finished the second repeat.
I started out with 108 stitches.  After the first repeat I doubled that to 216 stitches.  The second repeat doubled that again to 432 stitches.  I'm working on the third repeat, which is going to get me to 864 stitches.  Yikes!  I had to join two cables from my Addi clicks to get this far.  I order some longer size 7 needles - 40 and 47 inch cables - as I don't like working something like this on interchangeables because I'm always afraid they'll come undone.  I just transferred the work to the 47 inch cables and realize that I need a longer cable.

The second repeat didn't take as much yarn as I thought it would - only about 100 grams, instead of 120 grams - which gives me more breathing room on my yarn amounts.  I did manage to score another skein from The Loopy Ewe.  I went out to their web site on Saturday to see if they still had some and they had one skein left.  I took a chance and ordered it and I received it today and it is the same dyelot.  Sometimes things just work out.

Pattern:  Ocean Blue Collar by Eline Oftedal, modified to be a capelet
Yarn:  Dream in Color Classy in Raspberry Blaze
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment