Saturday, July 2, 2016

MagicWaves Triangle - Five Repeats of Chart 2

I finished up the fifth repeat of Chart 2 this morning, and this time I did not forget the increase on the center stitch.  Last weekend when I finished up the fourth repeat I did forget that increase and didn't realize it until I was working the first row of the fifth repeat.  At that point I did not feel like frogging back so I did the increase two rows late, but had second thoughts after finishing that row.  In the end I did tink back and fix that last row of the fourth repeat.  I switched to skein 5 on row 10 of the fifth repeat, and finished this repeat with only 3.5 grams left of skein 5, so I will definitely run out of yarn part way through the sixth repeat.

Here is my yarn usage per chart:
Chart 1:  4.9 g
Chart 2, repeat 1:  11.7 g
Chart 2, repeat 2:  18.8 g
Chart 2, repeat 3:  26.8 g
Chart 2, repeat 4:  33.5 g
Chart 2, repeat 5:  41.1 g

The yarn usage is essentially linear, as this chart shows.

I pulled out my stash of leftover Luxe yarn as I am thinking of binding off in a contrasting color.  I really like contrast bind offs, and it would allow me to use up my last skein without worrying about keeping enough in reserve for the bind off.  Here are the colors I have to choose from.

Pattern:  MagicWaves Triangle by Kieran Foley & Nim Teasdale
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Snow Glint
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment