Saturday, July 9, 2016

Gazania Zebra - Center Panel Done

I finished my Coral Snake, also known as the central panel, this past Thursday and picked up the stitches with the dark blue to begin the first edge.  I got a little too enthusiastic last night and knit 6 rows instead of stopping at 4 so this morning I had to rip back.  I am now ready to start row 5, where the stitches are doubled by knitting into the front and back of each stitch.  I took this project with me to one of my safety review board meetings and worked on it during the lunch break and also during the caucus.  I was still working on it when the program came back in to the room for the results.

I didn't use up all of the Gazania skein on the center panel as the skein weighed 57.8 grams.  I stopped with 7.1 grams remaining and tried to make the two ends match color-wise.  I cast off so that the tail would be on the opposite side as my cast on tail, thinking to use them to join the yarn for the pick, but the tails are on the wrong sides for that.  Instead, when I got to the end of the row where the tail was I joined the tail to my working yarn be sewing the tail through my working yarn in a running stitch.  Then, when I got back to my starting point where the tail for the blue yarn pick up was, I did the same thing.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Bis-sock by Biscotte & Cie
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm) & US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment