Sunday, July 3, 2016

I Am No Mermaid - Cast On

I cast on my July Camp Loopy project this morning and made it through the setup chart.  The pattern is the Percy Shawl, which has been in my queue since March 6, 2011.  The challenge was to knit something that had been in your queue for over a year and must use at least 600 yards.  I'm using Fibernymph Dye Works Elegance in the colorway I Am No Mermaid - hence the name of the project.  The yarn is an 80/20 SW Merino/Silk and feels very good to work with.
I have more than enough yarn to meet the yardage requirements.  In fact a single skein would do it, but I wanted some room to play.  The fun thing about this pattern is that you can adjust the size by repeating the charts.  I also added a wedge to the shawl to turn it from a triangular shawl into a 3/4 square shawl.  I have also tweaked the lace pattern just slightly.  There are double decreases and I'm working them as sssk in the first wedge, cdd in the middle wedge, and k3tog in the third wedge.

Pattern:  Percy Shawl by Sanne Kalkman
Yarn:  Fibernymph Dye Works Elegance in I Am No Mermaid
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment