Sunday, July 24, 2016

Gazania Zebra - Three Stripes Almost Done

I had to travel to California this past week for work and took this project along with me.  Before I left I split all of the skeins up so I wouldn't have to worry about running out or weighing anything.  I also realized that between the time that I bought the Charivari Paint Box and the Gazania Paint Box the Traveling Zebra pattern had been changed - the strips were 16 rows in the Gazania Paint Box pattern as opposed to 18 rows in the Charivari Paint Box pattern.  When I was working the Gazania Traveling Zebra it did seem to me that the ruffled section was shorter, but I didn't bother to check until I had finished the red stripe.  I figure that the pattern was shortened to keep folks from running out of yarn, but I prefer the look of the longer ruffled section.  Who would have thought that 2 rows could make that much difference?  So I ripped back to the blue ruffled section and switched to the Charivari Paint Box version of the pattern with 18 rows.  I still have yarn left over after completing the 18 rows, but not nearly as much as I had when I was only working 16 rows.  On this one I didn't make the central panel as long as I did on the Charivari version.  I'm thinking that I will turn it into a shrug and use up the remainder of my yarn doing that.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Bis-sock by Biscotte & Cie
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm) & US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment