Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hot Cocoa Cassatt - One Sleeve Done

The sleeve worked up quickly, and I could read while I was knitting.  I set up the chart for the cable pattern in my Knit Companion app so it was easy to keep track of where I was and I used the smart counters feature to keep track of how many rows I had knit so I could work the shaping on the lower arm.  I didn't do any shaping until I had knitted to just past the elbow, then I did decreases every 10 rows, working 5 decreases in all.  I still haven't quite decided if I like the cropped length.  I'll decide once I finish the other sleeve.  It will depend upon how I end up styling it with my wardrobe.  I can certainly see Audrey Hepburn wearing this sweater.  If I don't like it I can always rip out the bottom and add some length with the leftover yarn I will have.  And if I do like the length I may use the leftovers to make a little cabled ascot to wear with it - I can definitely see Audrey wearing one.

Pattern:  Cassatt (part of the Sweet Paprika Sweater Club) by Elizabeth Sullivan
Yarn:  Sweet Paprika Minuet in Hot Cocoa
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment