Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hot Cocoa Cassatt - One Skein Done

After finishing up the yoke I cast on the stitches for the underarms and started working the body.  Once I had worked all of the first skein of yarn I put the stitches on scrap yarn so I could check the fit and get a couple of pictures.  I'm adding the buttons as I knit.  They are glass bead buttons with little roses on them.  I slip the loop on the shank over the stitch after I make it.  Here's the back.  I'm really loving the color of the yarn.
I'm going to keep on knitting the body for at least one more skein and then figure out what I want to do from there.

Pattern:  Cassatt (part of the Sweet Paprika Sweater Club) by Elizabeth Sullivan
Yarn:  Sweet Paprika Minuet in Hot Cocoa
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment