Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hot Cocoa Cassatt - Collar Done, Body Done

After finished up my Burgundy Pullover I went back to my Hot Cocoa Cassatt.  I really love the yarn for this one.  It is soft and I love the colors.  I worked on the right sleeve for a while and then I checked my yarn usage to see how I was doing.  I'm not doing any shaping on the sleeve until I get past the elbow (my arms are a little muscular and I usually have trouble with the fit of sleeves on my upper arm in store bought clothes) and I wanted to make sure that I would have enough yarn to still complete the collar.  So I decided to take a break from the sleeve and finish up the collar.  I used up the remnant of the second ball from the body and then joined the fourth ball that I hadn't used any of and finished up the collar with that.  Now I know that all of the yarn that I have left I can use on the sleeves.  I haven't decided how much shaping I will do on the lower arms, but I know that I want some ease.

I've already received an email telling me that the third sweater kit will be shipping soon.  I really liked this club and hope they run it again.  You know in advance what the sweater patterns are and you only have to order the ones that you want.  I went for all three patterns.  Then you get to pick the colors that you want for each kit.  I must admit that I'm not as big a fan of mysteries as I used to be and at this point in my knitting career there is only one yarn dyer that I let surprise me - The Unique Sheep.


Pattern:  Cassatt (part of the Sweet Paprika Sweater Club) by Elizabeth Sullivan
Yarn:  Sweet Paprika Minuet in Hot Cocoa
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment