Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pesto - Short Row Shaping Done

After finishing up the short row shaping, I have 4 grams left of skein 2 and all of skein 1.  The short row shaping was fun, instead of doing a wrap and turn, or even a shadow wrap, you just turn the work and slip the first stitch.  Then when you come back through you do a slip, slip, knit with the stitch after the slipped stitch, or a purl two together, depending on whether you are on the right side or the wrong side.  I want to use as much of my yarn as possible so I am going to cast on 165 stitches using skein 1 and knit the lace portion again, then I am going to attach it to the neck edge, probably by just knitting the two together.  The pattern calls for an I-cord bind off, but I might just repeat the eyelet rows instead.

Pattern:  Peridot Necklace Lace Shawl by Alina Appasov
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Verve in Pesto
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment