Saturday, June 1, 2013

Crushed Tart - Set up chart done

It is June 1, which means a couple of things.  It is the start of the Bead & Button Show in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and it is the start of Camp Loopy Project 1.  The first project, if you recall, is a single skein project of at least 375 yards using a yarn you've not used before.  I picked dragonfly fibers djinni sock in Queen of Tarts.  The picture does not do the color justice.  It is a rich and juicy red.  For the pattern I picked Crushed by Rachel Henry, from the Lovelorn Collection, hence the project name - Crushed Tart.  This shawl uses a new to me increase to get the heart shape - a knit, yarn over, knit in the same stitch.  You do this stitch after and before the two edge stitches and in the center.  When you do this in the center you get a row of holes instead of a row of stitches for the central spine.

Tomorrow I head north and west on my annual trip to Milwaukee to work with my sister in her booth at the Bead & Button show so I probably won't be posting until I get back.

Pattern:  Crushed by Rachel Henry, from the Lovelorn Collection
Yarn: dragonfly fibers djinni sock in Queen of Tarts
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday was a day of no progress. Technically, it was negative progress as I kept making mistakes and having to frog. I'm back to my life line on at the end of the setup. I think I will add a life line every worked row for a while. Have fun at Bead and Button.

    ReplyDelete