Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gr-orange - Finished!

I love these patterns, even the long cast on.  I finished this one this morning, and have already cast on another crescent shawl by the same designer with the Pineapple colorway.  I ended up with 18 grams of skein 1 left over on this one, but decided not to do any more lace layers.  I like this one just the way it is, although I did add eyelet rows between the lace pattern and the short row section, and also at the neck edge.  Instead, the leftover yarn is going into my crochet block leftover stash.  It is a silver gray and pretty uniform.  Skein 1 of the Pesto colorway was a little too variegated to do that with.  One of the other things I love about these patterns is their compactness.  Everything is on one pattern page, very neatly laid out.

Pattern:  Indian Feathers by Alina Appasov
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Gr-orange
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment