Friday, October 26, 2012

Triffid Shawl - Finished!

I actually finished this last Saturday, October 20th, but didn't feel like blogging about it until it had come off of the blocking mats and I could get some beauty shots of it.  It was a fun and easy pattern, especially after I substituted a knitted cast on for the long tail that the pattern called for.  The yarn is Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 in Moon Purple and Bumblebee.  You start out from the bottom of the shawl and then shape the shawl with short rows (purple section).  I did shadow wraps for my short rows, a technique I just love, especially for short row shaping in garments.  I knit the largest size and the resulting shawl is generous and warm, perfect for wrapping around yourself on a cool fall day.
Pattern:  Triffid by Meghan Jackson (first Zen Butterfly Mystery Knit Along)
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20
Needles:  US 3, 4 & 7 (3.25, 3.5 & 4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment