Saturday, September 22, 2012

Top with Crocheted Sleeves

This is another one of my works in progress that has been languishing for several years.  Three years, to be exact, almost exactly.  I started it on September 5, 2009.  This is a pattern from Nashua Handknits, from the North American Designer Collection No. 8.  I purchased the booklet and yarn for three of the patterns all at the same time.  I knit the body in the round, then blocked it and set it aside because I didn't feel that my crocheting skills were up to the task of finishing it.  Thank goodness for The Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club.  I joined it to learn to crochet, and it worked!  Seriously, have you joined yet?  The designs are wonderful, interesting, challenging, but not too challenging.  And of course the yarn is from The Unique Sheep, and their yarns always make me happy.  It is the best.

Last weekend I picked it back up again and crocheted the sleeves.  I will confess that the topology of the  sleeves really perplexed me until I actually started working them.  You crochet from each side of the armhole and join at the top.  There is no sleeve portion in the underarm, which I was sort of expecting, being a sleeve and all.  I finished up the neckline crochet last night.  Here is a close up of the crocheted portion.
Pattern:  Nashua Handknits Top with Crochet Sleeves by Mari Lynn Patrick
Pattern Book:  Nashua Handknits NHK40, North American Designer Collection No. 8
Yarn:  Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Cotton DK
Needle:  US  (3.75 mm)
Hook:  USF5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment