Monday, September 24, 2012

Houston, we have a problem...

So, I was happily knitting away on my Draped Vest, amazed at how quickly I was knitting the right front when I got a very bad feeling.  I counted my yarn labels, and examined my completed pieces, and checked the pattern, and re-checked my gauge (spot on, for once), and weighed everything, and have now come to the conclusion that I do not have enough yarn to finish the project.  According to the label, the yarn is supposed to come in 50 g balls.  According to my scale, I am about 16 grams short overall.  The pattern calls for 8 balls for the small size.  I bought 8 balls.  But it now looks like every one was about 2 grams short, on average.  Sigh.

Well, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.  I really am not that crazy about the yarn, it is just a bit scratchier than I like.  I do, however, like the pattern.  And I do have some purple Aurora 8 in my stash that might make a good substitute...

It has just been one of those days.  I also decided that I wasn't happy with my Fresh Ink Cardigan and decided to frog that.  The yarn just deserves a better pattern.  Not sure what, yet, but I have been browsing the pattern library on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment