Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rose Bud Shawl - Finished!

I have spent most of the last week working on this shawl, and finished it up Friday night.  Knitting never ending borders is an interesting psychological exercise.  They go on and on and you think you are farther along than you really are, so you count the repeats and sigh when you are only a third of the way through instead of half way, and then suddenly the end is in sight.  And there is always that happy feeling when you count the remaining stitches and everything comes out right.  This shawl uses up the remains of my Love Spoken Here gradiance set on Luxe that I used for The Little Prince.  I had Kelly of The Unique Sheep dye me up some dark green for the border.

I used the Over the Moon pattern by Vickie Mikulak as the base of the pattern and then did a knit on border instead of the feather and fan edging that is called for in the pattern.  I did not do any transition rows between the skeins, I just matched the colors and knit with both strands for about a dozen stitches.  For the border I used a portion of the border from Damask Rose.

Yarn:  Luxe, Love Spoken Here - 544 yards & Green - 376 yards
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

Here are some beauty shots taken in natural light (the blocking photo was taken with flash).


No comments:

Post a Comment