Saturday, February 4, 2012

Knitterati Mystery 1 - Finished!

I finished the mystery project this morning.  The lace border presented the most challenges because of the short row sections at each end, and the lack of detailed explanation in the instructions.  I added some beads to the lace.  I ran out of yarn before I finished but I managed to get through the lace pattern before I ran out.  Then I was faced with the dilemma of how to finish.  Fortunately I have a reasonable quantity of this particular yarn base in my stash and, even more fortuitously, I happened to have a skein of red that was just a bit darker than the one that I was knitting with.  I finished the garter stitch rows after the lace pattern and bound off and then decided that to make the shawl look more finished I would pick up and knit an edging on the inside curve as well.

Pattern: Knitterati Mystery 1, Knitterati Sock Club January 2012 mystery pattern
Yarn:  Main color - Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 in Cranberry Sweets (100g, 400 yds); Edging color - Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 in St. Valentine (22 g, 88 yds)
US size 5 (3.75 mm) needles

No comments:

Post a Comment