Sunday, February 5, 2012

Yarny Goodness

My husband likes to joke that it is always Christmas at our house because of the packages of yarny goodness that regularly arrive.  Now, I don't get such wonderful packages everyday, but I do get them on a regular basis thanks to the number of clubs that I belong to.  These are the packages that came this past week.
First up - the first shipment for the Stop and Smell the Roses Shawl Club from the Unique Sheep.  Packages from The Unique Sheep always fill me with anticipatory delight, and this one definitely lived up to the anticipation.  The yarn is Tinsel Toes, a fingering weight Tencel/wool blend that I have recently become enamored of, the color way is Damask and when I saw it, it took my breath away.  The name of the shawl pattern is, appropriately enough, Damask Rose.  There is also a pretty rose on a clip, a rose stitch marker and a rose button.  I so want to cast on this shawl, but first I have to finish my second Christmas Shawlette.

This is the first shipment of the 2012 Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club.  The yarn is actually more purple than the picture shows.  It is a wonderful, glorious purple.  The official name of the color is H.R.H. Crown Princess of Purple, Violetta.  The yarn is their light weight sock yarn in 100% superwash merino.  The two patterns are just exquisite.  I may have to buy another skein so I can make them both.  I know I could find something suitable in my stash, but I really think they need to be a matching set.  These socks have yet another heel technique for me to learn.

These are my color options for the next installment of the Light and Dark Lace Club.  The yarn is Pelusa lace, which is a lace single in 100% superwash merino.  The colors are, from left to right:  Olea, Golden Locks and Scarlet Letter.  I am leaning towards the Scarlet Letter, but I bought extra, just in case I end up making more than one of the shawls.  After Diadem proved so popular, I thought it best to be prepared.

And last but not least, the February installment of the Crochet Block of the Month Club.  The yarn is Sushi Sock a blend of Superwash Merino, Bamboo and Nylon.  The colors are Forest and Mist.  The pattern is Winter Laurel.  This is my second year in this club, and I am so behind on my blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment