Monday, February 20, 2012

Damask Rose Shawl - Chart 2

I finished up Chart 2 last night and started on the border.  The gradiance set for this shawl is really interesting because skein 1 is so different from the other skeins.  I don't think there is any really good way to transition between skeins 1 and 2.  If I had done the recommended transition rows then I would have had stripes.  I didn't do any transition rows, so there is a pretty dramatic change.  I started skein 3 towards the end of Chart 2.  It has pink in it.  The interesting thing is that skein 2 looks like a pale salmon pink when it is on its own, but when you put it in the shawl you see a paler version of the yellow that is in skein 1, as well as the pink that is in skein 3.  It will be very tricky, if not impossible to capture with the camera.  I like the way it looks like the green and yellow are bleeding into the salmon.

Now that I have decided to let the yarn do all the work transitioning colors I am eager to try other colorways, especially if I can compare my results without transition rows to projects with transition rows.  I happen to have 336 yards of my Tart Berries in Luxe that I knit the Through the Looking Glass Shawl out of.  When I finish this shawl I may cast on another Over the Moon shawlette.  I picked that pattern because it is so simple, no lace work until the feather and fan border, so I can really observe the color changes.  Unfortunately, 336 yards is not a whole lot, so I will have to finish the shawlette with another color, but I do have some other colors of Luxe in my stash, so we'll see what I can come up with.

We were really hoping for some decent snow yesterday, but we only got about an inch.  I suppose it was for the best, it was a heavy wet snow, which caused power outages in areas that had more accumulation.  I made stew anyway, because who doesn't like stew on a cold snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment