Friday, February 17, 2012

Christmas Shawlette II - Beauty Shot

I finally got home early enough to get some natural light, and the sun was shining.  The colors blend so beautifully in this shawl, which you might not expect considering that red and green are on opposite sides of the color wheel.  This shawl was knit without any transition rows, I just made sure to match the colors when I switched skeins.  The edging on this one is a little different as well.  Instead of binding off the three stitches in purl I bound them off in knit, which made a little point on each of the scallops.  For comparison, here is my other Christmas Shawlette.  The biggest difference from a color perspective is the striping that you get with the first color change from the gold to the silver and gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment