Friday, February 17, 2012

Damask Rose Shawl - Chart 1

This is the first project from the Smell the Roses Club, the Damask Rose Shawl.  There has been quite a kerfuffle over on Ravelry regarding this shipment.  Apparently there was a miscalculation in the amount of yarn required and folks were coming up short.  I am one of the fortunate ones that received a fair bit of extra yarn (26 grams) so I should be able to knit the shawl as originally designed.  I love the pastel shades of the yarn and I am really enjoying knitting with Tinsel Toes, it may be my new favorite fingering weight yarn.  I will confess that this clue became a bit boring with all of those knit stitches because I still had to count to make sure that I hadn't missed a yarn over (which I did several times), and all of that counting was putting me to sleep.  I am intrigued by the shape of this shawl.  There are four triangular panels in chart 1, which would make a square, but there are no increases at all in chart 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment