Saturday, March 23, 2024

Sweet as Honey Cowl - Finished!


I also reblocked my Sweet as Honey Cowl as the first blocking didn’t look much better than the unblocked state, mostly because I didn’t actually stretch it out, I just soaked it and laid it out to dry.  I did try to do some stretching of it before I laid it out, but I didn’t pin it at all.  This time I stretched it vertically first, pinning the top and bottom, and then pulled it horizontally pinning it along the folded edge.  The bee section is still a little more lumpy than I would like, but overall I am happy with it.  I love the colors and the design.  The fabric is soft and it will be warm and cozy next winter.  I used the called for yarn in the called for colors.  I did have to go up two needle sizes to get anywhere close to gauge.  I haven’t actually measured my finished gauge - it fits me perfectly and that is good enough for me.  The only other modification I made was to work a 2x2 ribbing instead of the 1x1 ribbing the pattern called for, as I prefer the look of the 2x2 ribbing.

Pattern:  Sweet as Honey Cowl by Simone Van Iderstine
Yarn:  Fleece and Harmony Selkirk Worsted
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment