Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Nightmare Before Christmas Speckles Shawl - Body Done, and Border Started!

I was in an all day class on Monday, so I got a lot of knitting done on this shawl, getting to the last mini-skein.  I finished it up Tuesday in some virtual meetings, so yesterday when I got home from work I picked through my stash and found a color for the border.  I knew I wanted red.  I was going to go for a dark red, but it didn’t really work with the colors of the shawl, so in the end I went with a brighter red.  It is another skein of Sundara Yarn Extra Fine Fingering Merino that was dyed up for a temperature blanket that I bought and never knit.  This color was for temperatures 91-100.
It definitely pops.

Pattern:  Improvised Garter Stitch Boomerang Shawl
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply Merino Fingering and Sundara Yarn Extra Fine Fingering Merino
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment