Saturday, March 2, 2024

Sweet as Honey Cowl - Cast On, Take Two

After working my Fleece and Harmony Mystery Blanket 2024 gauge swatch I decided to restart my Sweet as Honey Cowl on larger needles.  I ended up going with a US 5 (3.75 mm) needle instead of the US 3 (3.25 mm) needle that the pattern recommended.  I’m thinking the designer is a looser knitting than I am.  I am working this on 20 inch circulars, and it fits easily without the stitches being crowded (I was working the previous version on 16 inch circulars) so I am more confident that I will actually be able to wear this as a cowl and will not be forced to turn it into a hat, or a small pillow.  If you look close, you can see the bees starting to emerge.  I also switched the 1x1 rib to a 2x2 rib, which I prefer.

Pattern:  Sweet as Honey Cowl by Simone Van Iderstine
Yarn:  Fleece and Harmony Selkirk Worsted in Autumn Birch and Plover
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment