Saturday, March 16, 2024

Ramea - Front and Both Sleeves Done!

The really exciting news is that I have finally finished the front of my Ramea.  I started planning this project over a year ago (after seeing it on the Fleece and Harmony knitting video podcast when I was binging the earlier episodes).  I swatched for it back in January 2024.

Finally casting on in November.  The first sleeve worked up quickly, but the lace front took me a while.
Once I finished the lace front I immediately moved on to sleeve number two.  And after I finished the knitting I blocked before I grafted the sleeve together.
I blocked it right side down to make it easier to pin out, and ended up putting a cookie canister (Pepperidge Farm) in the other sleeve to keep the shape proper.  I’ll use canisters in both sleeves when I do the final block, it worked perfectly.  Now I’m working the back, which is just straight stockinette. It is nice to get some pretty mindless knitting, and to get rid of some of the needles that I had holding stitches.  While working the second sleeve I had needles for both sides of the body, and the other side of the sleeve - so four sets total.  It did get a little crazy at times.  Now I just have two.

Pattern:  Ramea by Jennifer Beale
Yarn:  Karabella Yarns Aurora 4
Needles:  US 1 (2.25 mm), US 1.5 (2.5 mm), US 2.5 (3.0 mm)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment