Saturday, March 2, 2024

Fleece and Harmony Mystery Blanket 2024 - One January Block Done, Second One Cast On

I finished one of the January blocks, and blocked it.  It is not quite square, and it is a bit smaller than the pattern calls for, but I am pretty happy with it.  I started with the easy block, from a pattern perspective, just to get the hang of working stranded knitting on the purl side.  I’ve cast on the second January block.
This one has much bigger blocks of color, and in those areas I am holding the color that I am not knitting with in my left hand so I can catch the floats easier as I knit.  When I’m working Fair Isle in the round I will put the yarn that I need to catch floats on in my left hand, so depending on what is going on that round I may have to switch my yarns.  I’m still not comfortable purling continental, so in those areas where I’m working with both colors I hold both yarns in my right hand.  It makes for some yarn adjusting as I work the pattern, which just takes a little time and interrupts the flow.

January colors:  A Night Without Stars and November Sky

Pattern:  Fleece and Harmony Mystery Blanket 2024
Yarn:  Fleece and Harmony Selkirk Worsted
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment