Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Shawl - Cast On!

When I got home from my 10.5 hour day on Monday I knew that I was going to need another simple project for my work bag, so I caked up another six mini-skeins from the Nightmare Before Christmas Advent set.  This set was inspired by the character Sally.  There were two skeins that were labeled as Speckle even though they obviously were not so I guessed, based on the other skeins in the Advent set, that they belonged here and assumed that the number on the label was correct even if the name was wrong.  The dark red skein at the top is the one that I was hoping to use on both this shawl and the Speckles Shawl, but it doesn’t really go with the Speckles Shawl.  I was casting this shawl on just as I was signing in to my year end review with my supervisor.  She mentioned that she had sought feedback from my peers (the other Chief Engineers) and that someone had mentioned my knitting in meetings, and that folks might think that I wasn’t paying attention.  Fortunately she didn’t think it was a big deal, but she did feel that she had to mention it.  Some years ago a previous supervisor actually wrote me a disciplinary letter regarding knitting in meetings.  I explained to my current supervisor why I knit in meetings and when I’m reading documents (it helps keep me focused), and also mentioned that I was knitting in our meeting.  I’m retiring at the end of the year, so I really don’t care at this point.

Pattern:  Improvised Garter Stitch Boomerang Shawl
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering & Kiri
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment