Saturday, December 17, 2022

Perseverance Knit Along - Finished!

I finished this up last Sunday.  I am pretty pleased with how it came out.  It is a hefty blanket, and my gauge is not perfect, but not bad, especially considering I only did a gauge swatch on the first pattern. The rest I just winged it, going up or down a needle size depending on what the pattern was and how it felt as I was knitting.  It did cause me to have to rip back a couple of times when I realized the knitting was too loose, but I didn’t mind that.  Jezebel has photo bombed to apply her seal of approval on the project.  I think if I were to knit this pattern again I would knit it at a tighter gauge.  It just feels a little too stretchy to me (an effect of the fact that the yarn is superwash, perhaps).  I never had any issues with running out of yarn on any of the sections.  I do like the design, and it was a fun project.

Colors used, in order of use (from bottom right corner to top left corner):
Unshaken
Nightlife
Caricia
Black Hole
Unwilling Hero
Blue Goldstone
Like Rain
In the Cabana
Fugue
Swept Away
Country Village
Captain

Pattern:  Perseverance by Jane Vanselous
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Enduring Worsted
Needles:  US 6 (4.0 mm), US 7 (4.5 mm), US 8 (5.0 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment