Saturday, December 3, 2022

Advent KALendar 2022 - Days 1 & 2

Anna Dalvi is an extremely talented designer that designs exquisite shawls.  I have a number of them in my library but have not knit one before.  For several years she has been holding an Advent Mystery Knit Along where she releases a clue a day.  I have those patterns as well, but have never participated.  I started to one year but didn’t like the color choices so I dropped out.  I purchased the 2022 pattern and when the first clue dropped this past Thursday I did a little stash diving and came up with this pair.  The pair is from 2019 and was dyed up by The Unique Sheep for Ste Patrick’s Day, but I prefer to think of the speckled as Christmas lights/decorations against the snow and the green as holly leaves.  I started with the speckled for Day 1.  Just a cute little triangle of moss stitch.  No right or wrong side was indicated so I put a locking stitch marker on the side on which I worked the increases.

Day 2 introduced the lovely green.

Pattern:  Advent KALendar 2022 by Anna Dalvi
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment